Duration of Employment: Permanent
Location: Silverstone based with travel to other group sites and suppliers.
Reporting to: Technical Manager
We believe that it will become more and more unacceptable to waste energy.
Unfortunately, vehicles & machines in dynamic duty cycles often waste energy. Their powertrains have to be designed for the short-term peak power requirements despite the average loads being typically significantly lower.
As a result, PUNCH Flybrid is producing energy storage systems that deal with the peaks in load, so that the main powertrain can be optimised around the average load.
This results in significant energy & emission savings.
PUNCH Flybrid is based at the Silverstone Circuit and is part of the PUNCH-Group, a family owned Tier 1 manufacturer and integrator of full driveline solutions.
At PUNCH Flybrid we are working on exciting and innovative projects that typically include truly novel engineering content. This creates many opportunities for our staff to stamp their mark on the final product and to develop their skill set.
As part of these projects, we work with small as well as very large organisations, offering a dynamic and interesting work environment.
This role is based at our modern factory in Silverstone, Northamptonshire, UK, but may require travel both within the UK as well as internationally.
The Stock and Purchasing Controller is a key member of the growing operations team within PUNCH Flybrid reporting to the Technical Manager. Mainly working on the PUNCH Power 200 (PP200) project as production volumes are rapidly increasing. The Stock and Purchasing Controller is responsible for managing the supply of all components to the manufacturing locations ensuring on-time in full delivery to support the production team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support rollout and onboarding of new ERP system for the company.
- Accountable for stock levels and identify purchasing needs in order to maintain accurate reorder levels and timing to support production demands.
- Forecast supply and demand alongside the management team to crucially prevent shortages and production stoppers, as well as overstocking and obsolescence.
- Creating and sending out purchase orders (POs) to suppliers
- Progress orders through to delivery, maintaining product availability dates so that the Production/Sales team can provide accurate delivery dates to our customers.
- Establish strong relationships with new and existing suppliers ensuring effective communications channels are created and issues are resolved efficiently.
- Negotiate pricing and lead times with suppliers
- Organisation of logistical movements of stock between warehouses and operations sites.
- Year End stock take and stock reporting.
- Picking of parts and kitting of assembly BOMs for production.
- Assisting assembly team with PP200 build whenever available from other responsibilities.
- Maintain all documentation and records to the highest standard.
- Project a professional image at all times to suppliers and internal customers.
- Abide by company policies and procedures at all times.
- Other duties as required by the business.
We are open to hearing from people with different levels of experience and at different stages in their careers to ensure we have the right balance of skills and experience within the team.
Get in touch with us to find out more. Please send us your Curriculum Vitae and covering letter to: email@example.com