Duration of Employment: Permanent
Location: Silverstone based with infrequent travel (e.g. suppliers)
Reporting to: Engineering Manager
We believe that it will become more and more unacceptable to waste energy.
Unfortunately, vehicles & machines in dynamic duty cycles often waste energy. Their powertrains have to be designed for the short-term peak power requirements despite the average loads being typically significantly lower.
As a result, PUNCH Flybrid is producing energy storage systems that deal with the peaks in load, so that the main powertrain can be optimised around the average load.
This results in significant energy & emission savings.
PUNCH Flybrid is based at the Silverstone Circuit and is part of the PUNCH-Group, a family owned Tier 1 manufacturer and integrator of full driveline solutions.
At PUNCH Flybrid we are working on exciting and innovative projects that typically include truly novel engineering content. This creates many opportunities for our staff to stamp their mark on the final product and to develop their skill set.
As part of these projects, we work with small as well as very large organisations, offering a dynamic and interesting work environment.
This role is based at our modern factory in Silverstone, Northamptonshire, UK, but may require travel both within the UK as well as internationally.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager this position is critical to the professional and formal development of PUNCH Flybrid through developing appropriate management systems and maintaining driving high product quality. This position requires a wide breadth of skills and experience and would best suit a dynamic, proactive and hands on person who is looking for career growth.
Duties & Responsibilities
The role covers both product and process aspects as defined below
- Support business growth by advising and participating in the NPI process from a Quality and Regulatory point of view
- Manage Internal & External Non-conformances using a range of problem solving tools
- Investigate & document customer issues and provide input to achieve firm resolutions
- Drive Root Cause Identification, create detailed reports of findings and Implement Effective Corrective Actions
- Assist with product testing & certification
Process / management:
- Major contributor towards gaining ISO 9001 accreditation
- Prepare for and participate in company audits (ISO, CSA, HSE etc)
- Develop and manage an appropriate Quality management system
- Manage calibration of inspection and test equipment
- Major contributor to continuous improvement system
- Identify, shape and deliver relevant training and strategies e.g. driving the quality agenda in order to achieve standards of excellence in our operations
- Min 3 years’ experience in a Quality-related role in a product development and manufacturing environment (preferably electro-mechanical)
- Degree-qualified or with equivalent experience and qualifications
- Good knowledge of ISO 9001
- Good engineering understanding (understanding drawings, schematics & specifications)
- Analytical skills and ability to drive outcomes
- Strong computer skills
- Strong communication skills across all organisational levels
We are open to hearing from people with different levels of experience and at different stages in their careers to ensure we have the right balance of skills and experience within the team.
Get in touch with us to find out more. Please send us your Curriculum Vitae and covering letter to: email@example.com