We believe that it will become more and more unacceptable to waste energy.
Unfortunately, vehicles & machines in dynamic duty cycles waste energy. Their powertrains have to be designed for the peak power requirements despite the average loads being typically significantly lower.
As a result, PUNCH Flybrid is producing flywheel energy storage systems that deal with the peaks in load, so that the main powertrain can be optimised around the average load.
This results in significant energy & emission savings.
PUNCH Flybrid is based at the Silverstone Circuit and is part of the PUNCH-Group, a family owned Tier 1 manufacturer and integrator of driveline solutions with main locations in France (transmission manufacture), Italy (H2 Propulsion) & Slovakia (aluminium forgings).
At Flybrid we are working on exciting and innovative projects that typically include truly novel engineering content. This creates many opportunities for our staff to stamp their mark on the final product and to develop their skill set.
As part of these projects, we work with small as well as very large organisations, offering a dynamic and interesting work environment.
The Lead / Senior Control System Engineers will be developing real-time embedded control software for flywheel based Kinetic Energy Recovery Systems (KERS) deployed in automotive and off-highway applications using an auto-coding environment. The role reports directly to the Engineering Director.
- Development of real-time control software for both mechanically and electrically driven flywheel KERS. This includes deployment of KERS for automotive, off-highway and industrial applications, the associated rig testing and data analysis.
- Integration of KERS controllers with other control systems including HMI, inverter drives and vehicle ECUs.
- Contribute to the improvement of company software development processes as required for each project.
- Contribute to the specification of ECUs, sensors and wiring specification for specific projects.
- Produce software requirements specifications and software test plans.
- Work with Simulation Engineers to help construct plant models and develop control strategies to optimise system performance.
- This role is based at our modern factory in Silverstone, Northamptonshire, UK, but may require travel both within the UK as well as internationally.
We are open to hearing from people with different levels of experience and at different stages in their careers to ensure we have the right balance of skills and experience within the team.
Get in touch with us to find out more. Please send us your Curriculum Vitae and covering letter to: email@example.com