Please see below for our latest Vacancies
Control Systems Engineer / Senior Control Systems Engineer
A Control Systems Engineer is required to develop real-time embedded control software for flywheel based Kinetic Energy Recovery Systems (KERS) for automotive and off-highway applications using an auto-coding environment.
The successful candidate will be required to support existing products and also participate in the development of new control systems.
- Development of real-time control software for both mechanically and electrically driven flywheel KERS. This includes deployment of KERS for automotive, off-highway and industrial applications, the associated rig testing and data analysis.
- Integration of KERS controllers with other vehicle control systems.
- Support software development for multiple PUNCH Flybrid projects.
- Ensure software is delivered in line with company or recognised guidelines such as ISO26262 as required and as appropriate for specific customer programmes.
- Contribute to the improvement of company software development processes as required for each project.
- Contribute to the specification of ECUs, sensors and wiring specification for specific projects.
- Produce software requirements specifications and software test plans.
- Work with Simulation Engineers to help construct plant models and develop control strategies to optimise system performance.
- Observe all written safety instructions to protect the health and safety of all employees.
Required technical attributes:
- A degree in an engineering discipline (e.g. Computing, Software Engineering, or Electronics).
- At least 3 years of recent software development experience in the automotive sector (e.g. OEM, Tier 1 supplier, or motorsport).
- Expert knowledge and practical experience of designing, implementing and testing control algorithms on automotive control systems (e.g. engine or transmission controller or similar). (N.B. Previous experience with vehicle HMI systems will not be considered).
- Expert knowledge of recent versions of Mathworks tools (i.e. 2016 onwards), especially Matlab , Simulink and Stateflow.
- Expert knowledge of using and configuring auto-coding environment (e.g. Embedded Coder or dSpace Targetlink).
- Experience of Software integration tasks in the middle layers of the systems engineering “V” process
- Working knowledge of ANSI C code.
- Working knowledge of static analysis tools (e.g. Lint or Polyspace).
- Working knowledge of HIL simulators.
- Working knowledge of version control and software configuration systems.
- Working knowledge of CAN based communication networks and associated diagnosis tools (e.g. Vector CANalyser).
- Some experience of rapid prototype systems (eg, dSpace Micro-Autobox).
- Some experience of Ethernet based communication protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, UDP) and associated diagnosis tools (e.g. Wireshark).
Desirable technical attributes
- Basic knowledge of synchronous AC induction and permanent-magnet motor control
- Basic knowledge of hydraulic actuation
- Basic knowledge of generator sets and micro-grids
- Basic knowledge of safe working with high voltage systems
- Experience of software development processes to functional safety standards (e.g. ISO26262)
- Experience of documenting software requirements and associated test plans.
- Experience of debugging software with in-circuit debuggers (e.g. Lauterbach Trace)
- Experience of using automotive calibration tools (e.g. ETAS INCA)
- Experience of using automotive data acquisition tools (e.g. ETAS MDA)
- Experience with electronic circuits; able to understand schematic diagrams and design simple circuits.
- Some knowledge of other programming languages (e.g. Python, C++)
- Some experience of industrial automation controllers (PLC) and IEC 63113-3 programming languages.
Standard work pattern when based at Silverstone – Monday – Friday 37hrs per week. In addition, as required to support customer programs.
You could be required to work abroad or in the UK for short periods including other company bases within the UK as required to deliver customer programmes.
Full UK driving required
Permanent UK resident
Please apply with a covering letter and Curriculum Vitae to: email@example.com