We believe that it is unacceptable to waste energy.
Our mission is to produce energy storage systems for dynamic loads to deliver significant energy & emission savings for a wide range of industries.
PUNCH Flybrid is based at the Silverstone Circuit and is part of the PUNCH-Group, a family owned Tier 1 manufacturer and integrator of full driveline solutions.
At PUNCH Flybrid we are working on exciting and innovative projects that typically include truly novel engineering content. This creates opportunities for our staff to stamp their mark on the final product whilst developing and extending their skill set.
We work with small as well as very large organisations, offering a dynamic and interesting work environment.
This role is based at our modern facility in Silverstone, Northamptonshire, UK, but may require travel both within the UK as well as internationally.
About the role:
As the Software & Controls Lead, you will be responsible for managing the software team to meet ongoing sustaining and NPI activities. You will be able to motivate and lead a team, whilst working closely with other company functions ensuring the success of software development projects. This role is not necessarily paired with being the technical authority it is primarily to ensure the function and team delivers. Management to software development split: This is a hands-on software development role. It is expected that a typical week would consist of 30% management and 70% software development.
• Lead the software development team supporting the architecture, development, and implementation of robust software for industrial use
• Mature the company’s processes, quality and security standards for the software function
• Ensure development life cycle is completed correctly leading requirements capture, software development, test and formal release (including training and handover)
• Create software project plans in line with the companies APQP process
• Cascade company priorities (operations, sustaining & projects) to team
• Prioritise and delegate live tasks using JIRA
• Feedback risks and mitigations to Engineering manager and/or project manager
• Collaborate with other departments in the company to ensure integration and compatibility
• Manage resources and budgets for software development projects
• Recruit, train, and supervise members of the software development team
• Evaluate team performance and provide constructive feedback to support development and improve results
• Manage team performance and carry out yearly appraisals
• Champion HSE and continuous improvement with software function Software development duties/activities:
• Development of real-time control software for hybrid systems including any associated testing and data analysis
• Collaborate on DFMEA’s and peer reviews
• Collaborate on specifications and system requirements for ECUs, HMI’s, Routers, motor drives and sensors
• Develop system variants and concepts for new features
• Collaborate with development engineers, critical suppliers and other cross-functional team members as needed ensuring system-level functionality is met
• Support release activities such as training and documentation
• Collaborate with Simulation Engineers in constructing models control strategies to optimise system performance Qualifications & Experience:
• Degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related field
• 8+ years industrial product development experience
• Demonstrable full product life cycle experience i.e. cradle to grave product development
• Strong software development experience
• Knowledge of Simulink, C, python
• Experience with ECU’s, PLC’s, HMI’s, routers and motor drives
• Professional software development best practice
• Proven management or supervisory experience with confidence in liaising and collaborating with senior leadership
• A Competitive Salary
• Pension Contribution of 8% of salary
• Private Healthcare which includes dental and optical cover
• 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
• On-site parking
• Flexibility & Family Friendly policies
This role may offer the opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office. At PUNCH Flybrid, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement providing employees with more choice and flexibility around how, when and where they work. Our guiding principle is that the task will determine the location of the work.
PUNCH Flybrid is committed to equal opportunities, diversity and inclusion for all, we will gladly make reasonable adjustments for applicants during our recruitment process to ensure that we attract and retain the best individual for the role.