We believe that it is unacceptable to waste energy.
Our mission is to produce energy storage systems for dynamic loads to deliver significant energy & emission savings for a wide range of industries.
PUNCH Flybrid is based at the Silverstone Circuit and is part of the PUNCH-Group, a family owned Tier 1 manufacturer and integrator of full driveline solutions.
At PUNCH Flybrid we are working on exciting and innovative projects that typically include truly novel engineering content. This creates opportunities for our staff to stamp their mark on the final product whilst developing and extending their skill set.
We work with small as well as very large organisations, offering a dynamic and interesting work environment.
This role is based at our modern facility in Silverstone, Northamptonshire, UK, but may require travel both within the UK as well as internationally.
Aftersales Technical Support Engineer:
This role supports Flybrid’s aftermarket technical support offering to our customers as they deploy and integrate our products in the field. The products are electro-mechanical energy storage systems with onboard diagnostics and remote telemetry. This role presents a good opportunity for the right person to grow and undertake more responsibility. This role requires both daily ‘firefighting’ activities as well as strategic improvements to reduce the aftersales burden.
Reporting to the aftermarket manager this role requires close collaboration with the engineering and operations team. The successful candidate will
• Monitor the daily condition of the deployed fleet
• Support incoming customer calls or emails
• Prioritise actions required with excellent communication and consultation with colleagues
• Lead, chair or organise (depending on experience) investigations as required for example progress meetings and 8D investigations
• Create system feature requests to solve any reoccurring issues
• Communicate with the customer directly or via a cloud portal
• Upload high resolution data of target systems
• Analyse data for anomalies or typical issues instigating the correct response action
• Plan and roll out (with a team) over the air system updates orchestrating available times with customers as required
• Strategic improvements of systems and processes
• Administration and maintenance of customer portal
• Good communication both internally and to customers
• Good planning and record keeping (JIRA preferred tool)
• Good problem-solving skills
• Interest in creating continuous improvement and reducing digital debt
Skills & experience:
• Technical support experience
• Convert raw data to usable data e.g.
- Count of events above a threshold
- Integrate power curve to energy (area under curve)
- Statistical analysis averages, distribution etc
- Generate reports or presentations to aid investigations
• Ability to create or modify S/W applications using Python or MATLAB or similar would be advantageous
• Industrial product background ideally electro-mechanical
• A Competitive Salary
• Pension Contribution of 8% of salary
• Private Healthcare which includes dental and optical cover
• 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
• On-site parking
• Flexibility & Family Friendly policies
This role may offer the opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office. At PUNCH Flybrid, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement providing employees with more choice and flexibility around how, when and where they work. Our guiding principle is that the task will determine the location of the work.
PUNCH Flybrid is committed to equal opportunities, diversity and inclusion for all, we will gladly make reasonable adjustments for applicants during our recruitment process and beyond to ensure that we attract and retain the best individual for the role.