We believe that it is unacceptable to waste energy.
Our mission is to produce energy storage systems for dynamic loads to deliver significant energy & emission savings for a wide range of industries.
PUNCH Flybrid is based at the Silverstone Circuit and is part of the PUNCH-Group, a family owned Tier 1 manufacturer and integrator of full driveline solutions.
At PUNCH Flybrid we are working on exciting and innovative projects that typically include truly novel engineering content. This creates opportunities for our staff to stamp their mark on the final product whilst developing and extending their skill set.
We work with small as well as very large organisations, offering a dynamic and interesting work environment.
This role is based at our modern facility in Silverstone, Northamptonshire, UK, but may require travel both within the UK as well as internationally.
About the role
- Own critical work packages from start to finish collaborating with all stake holders
- Design and approve critical (class 1 technical classification) parts and assemblies
- Validate designs using appropriate means e.g. calculations or simulations
- Develop concepts, solutions and specifications with both internal and external customers
- Analyse engineering challenges to identify and focus on the main crux of the issues
- Work closely with engineering and project managers highlighting risks and mitigations
- Participate in gate presentations during Flybrid APQP process
- Manage small team when necessary to meet work pack objectives
- Generate professional technical reports
- Lead and participate in FMEA activities
- Provide input into DVP’s Provide technical support to mechanical engineering function
- Material selection
- Design reviews
- Manufacturing considerations
- Ensure company processes are correctly followed e.g. ECN’s and BOM control
- Manage 3rd party suppliers, consultants and customers to achieve work package objectives
- Create opportunities for continuous improvement
• A Competitive Salary
• Pension Contribution of 8% of salary
• Private Healthcare which includes dental and optical cover
• 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
• On-site parking
• Flexibility & Family Friendly policies
This role may offer the opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office. At PUNCH Flybrid, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement providing employees with more choice and flexibility around how, when and where they work. Our guiding Principal is that the task will determine the location of the work.
PUNCH Flybrid is committed to equal opportunities, diversity and inclusion for all, we will gladly make reasonable adjustments for applicants during our recruitment process to ensure that we attract and retain the best individual for the role.