We believe that it is unacceptable to waste energy.
Our mission is to produce energy storage systems for dynamic loads to deliver significant energy & emission savings for a wide range of industries.
PUNCH Flybrid is based at the Silverstone Circuit and is part of the PUNCH-Group, a family owned Tier 1 manufacturer and integrator of full driveline solutions.
At PUNCH Flybrid we are working on exciting and innovative projects that typically include truly novel engineering content. This creates opportunities for our staff to stamp their mark on the final product whilst developing and extending their skill set.
We work with small as well as very large organisations, offering a dynamic and interesting work environment.
This role is based at our modern facility in Silverstone, Northamptonshire, UK, but may require travel both within the UK as well as internationally.
This is a Mechanical Engineering role focused on the sustaining activities directly reporting to the Engineering Manager. The role requires a methodical and experienced engineer to support the various design, approvals and administrative tasks within a product development and manufacturing company.
• Use NX to modify or create 3D models and drawings
• Specifying material finishes and inspection requirements
• Creating ECN’s
• Undertake peer reviews such as design for manufacture and tolerance analysis
• Participate in design reviews
• Manage drawing and part numbering with a future initiative to introduce a PLM system
• Support sales and marketing with customer facing drawings and documentation
• Support product approvals e.g. UL through documentation, manuals and technical support
• 5+ years’ experience of
o NX preferred but alternatives considered
o Drawing creation, review and approval within a formal process
o Geometrical tolerancing and tolerance analysis
o Producing formal documents i.e. user manuals or reports for approval bodies
o ECN’s, QMS, NCR’s etc
o Design for manufacture
• Working on similar electro-mechanical complex products
• Cross functional project collaboration
• A Competitive Salary
• Pension Contribution of 8% of salary
• Private Healthcare which includes dental and optical cover
• 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
• On-site parking
• Flexibility & Family Friendly policies
This role may offer the opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office. At PUNCH Flybrid, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement providing employees with more choice and flexibility around how, when and where they work. Our guiding principle is that the task will determine the location of the work.
PUNCH Flybrid is committed to equal opportunities, diversity and inclusion for all, we will gladly make reasonable adjustments for applicants during our recruitment process and beyond to ensure that we attract and retain the best individual for the role.