The Manufacturing Engineer will be a key member of the growing operations team within PUNCH Flybrid reporting to the Senior Manufacturing Engineer. As the business expands we are looking to insource our manufacturing processes for our PUNCH Power 200 (PP200) product and develop new products.
This role will be responsible for planning and implementing the creation of production lines for the main assemblies and sub-assemblies within the Punch Flybrid production area. Including the specification and sourcing of equipment and tooling, planning production lines and carrying out value stream mapping exercises. The position will also be involved in the future products being developed within the business ensuring they are designed for manufacture and assembly.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Create and implement new production lines for existing products as part of the company wide insourcing projects.
- Working closely with the rest of the Manufacturing Engineering team you will be responsible for supporting all production operations in the business on a daily basis.
- Ensure all equipment and tooling is correctly serviced and maintained to ensure production can continue without issue. Where required source spares or additional equipment.
- Using CAD to design tooling such as jigs, press tools and other equipment as required by operations. Also manage the purchasing/manufacturing with other members of the team.
- Work closely with the Engineering team to create detailed work instructions, travellers and other production documentation for new and existing products.
- Support the Design Engineering team on new projects, working on DMFEA and general design for manufacture support.
- Support the Operations team with risk assessments and procedure documents when required as the business develops.
- Support production team with issues in build if required by Operations.
- Initiate and support Continuous Improvement (CI) activities
- Initiate and support 6S activities
- Maintain all documentation and records to the highest standard.
- Project a professional image at all times to suppliers and internal customers.
- Abide by company policies and procedures at all times.
- Other duties as required by the business.
- A Competitive Salary
- Pension Contribution of 8% of salary
- Private Healthcare which includes dental and optical cover
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- On-site parking
- Flexibility & Family Friendly policies
This role may offer the opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office. At PUNCH Flybrid, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement providing employees with more choice and flexibility around how, when and where they work. Our guiding principle is that the task will determine the location of the work.
PUNCH Flybrid is committed to equal opportunities, diversity and inclusion for all, we will gladly make reasonable adjustments for applicants during our recruitment process and beyond to ensure that we attract and retain the best individual for the role.