We believe that it is unacceptable to waste energy.
Our mission is to produce energy storage systems for dynamic loads to deliver significant energy & emission savings for a wide range of industries.
PUNCH Flybrid is based at the Silverstone Circuit and is part of the PUNCH-Group, a family owned Tier 1 manufacturer and integrator of full driveline solutions.
At PUNCH Flybrid we are working on exciting and innovative projects that typically include truly novel engineering content. This creates opportunities for our staff to stamp their mark on the final product whilst developing and extending their skill set.
We work with small as well as very large organisations, offering a dynamic and interesting work environment.
This role is based at our modern facility in Silverstone, Northamptonshire, UK, but may require travel both within the UK as well as internationally.
The Embedded Software Engineer will be developing real-time embedded control software for next generation energy storage systems. The role reports directly to the S/W and Controls Lead. Typically, the software will be interacting with motor drives, sensors and safety components. This is a mix of interfacing with standard industrial equipment and bespoke internal designs.
• Development of real-time control software for hybrid systems including any associated testing and data analysis
• Collaborate on DFMEA’s and peer reviews
• Collaborate on specifications and system requirements for ECUs, HMI’s, Develop system variants and concepts for new features
• Collaborate with development engineers, critical suppliers and other cross-functional team members as needed ensuring system-level functionality is met
• Support release activities such as training and documentation
• Collaborate with Simulation Engineers in constructing models control strategies to optimise system performance
• 3+ years’ experience of
o NPI project environment
o Development & test using C (Simulink an additional advantage)
o Development of industrial electric control systems for electro-mechanical products
• Experience with NPI deliverables i.e. requirements capture, FMEA’s, DVP’s, document creation
• Experience with cross functional project collaboration
• Demonstrable participation in a product release i.e. from cradle to grave
• A Competitive Salary
• Pension Contribution of 8% of salary
• Private Healthcare which includes dental and optical cover
• 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
• On-site parking
• Flexibility & Family Friendly policies
This role may offer the opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office. At PUNCH Flybrid, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement providing employees with more choice and flexibility around how, when and where they work. Our guiding principle is that the task will determine the location of the work.
PUNCH Flybrid is committed to equal opportunities, diversity and inclusion for all, we will gladly make reasonable adjustments for applicants during our recruitment process to ensure that we attract and retain the best individual for the role.