We believe that it is unacceptable to waste energy.
Our mission is to produce energy storage systems for dynamic loads to deliver significant energy & emission savings for a wide range of industries.
PUNCH Flybrid is based at the Silverstone Circuit and is part of the PUNCH-Group, a family owned Tier 1 manufacturer and integrator of full driveline solutions.
At PUNCH Flybrid we are working on exciting and innovative projects that typically include truly novel engineering content. This creates opportunities for our staff to stamp their mark on the final product whilst developing and extending their skill set.
We work with small as well as very large organisations, offering a dynamic and interesting work environment.
This role is based at our modern facility in Silverstone, Northamptonshire, UK, but may require travel both within the UK as well as internationally.
Working in the core technology team, this position is critical to developing new products on the development road map whilst assisting with sustaining existing product. This position would best suit a dynamic and proactive person who enjoys both hands on and desk bound activities.
PUNCH Flybrid’s main product line is a range of energy storage equipment to support high peak loads either totally alleviating the need for generators or at a minimum allowing a significant downsizing. The impact of this is fuel and emission reductions.
With relevance to this role the products have a 3-phase electrical system containing motor drives, inverters, chokes and filters etc. There is also is a low voltage system containing such items as an ECU, HMI, relays and sensors.
- Provide technical guidance for Flybrid’s electrical engineering requirements
- Work closely with mechanical and software engineers to create technical specifications
- Analyse and translate high level requirements into a validated design for the electrical requirements
- Define electrical system concepts including performance analysis, component selection and ensuring compliance with standards.
- Produce electrical schematics/wiring diagrams, cable schedules, panel/enclosure designs, interface drawings, loom drawings, P&ID’s and cable block diagrams, etc. as required by the project
- Analyse electrical designs for functional behaviour, which may include modelling and simulation to demonstrate that the design meets the high-level requirements.
- Collaborate with and manage 3rd party suppliers to select components and sub systems
- Provide necessary NPI gate deliverables on time to meet project schedule
- Develop, execute and review electrical tests that will provide evidence demonstrating that the electrical requirements have been satisfied
- Produce reports and associated documentation
- Support product commissioning and fault finding at both a system and component level
- Prototyping new designs
- Updating IT based record systems and authoring user instructions and training guides.
- Demonstrable experience of developing and supporting equipment utilising motor drives and inverters, sensors and control electronics
- Min 5 years’ experience in an Electrical design engineering related role preferably in a product development and manufacturing environment
- Experience of EPLAN software (for creating wiring schematics) would be advantageous
- Degree-qualified or with equivalent experience and qualifications
- Good engineering understanding (understanding drawings, schematics & specifications)
- Good knowledge of electronics communication protocols (CANBus / Modbus)
- Analytical skills and ability to drive outcomes
- Strong computer skills
- Strong communication skills across all organisational levels
- A Competitive Salary
- Pension Contribution of 8% of salary
- Private Healthcare which includes dental and optical cover
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- On-site parking
- Flexibility & Family Friendly policies
This role may offer the opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office. At PUNCH Flybrid, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement providing employees with more choice and flexibility around how, when and where they work. Our guiding principle is that the task will determine the location of the work.
PUNCH Flybrid is committed to equal opportunities, diversity and inclusion for all, we will gladly make reasonable adjustments for applicants during our recruitment process and beyond to ensure that we attract and retain the best individual for the role.
Apply for this opportunity by emailing your CV to email@example.com